Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fall Festival Find



Yes, I know it's almost Spring, but it was at the Fall Festival that I found this treasure --- this wonderful old quilt book, Scrap Quilts: The Art of Making Do by Roberta Horton. I absolutely fell in love with this quilt:





There is just the picture and how it uses scraps. It's made from many colors and what looks like shirting fabrics. There are no instructions in how to make this quilt. I'm pretty good at following directions in a pattern, but haven't any real desire to design or sketch designs. I dont' EQ; although once I retire I think I'd like to learn EQ.


I was thrilled to discover a free pattern for this design.   Bonnie Hunter  at www.quiltville.com has written instructions called 
Mary Johnson at www.maryquilts.com has a smaller version of the quilt called 16 Patch and Pinwheels.   

I'm thrilled to have found both of these patterns. I've printed them off and am ready to start hunting through my scraps and stash for the right fabrics. When I find myself on the road  to Sweet Home Quilt Shop or on the Atlanta Shop Hop later this month, I can look for fabric for  my 16 Patch and Pinwheel quilt.

Don't you just love planning a new quilt?

Time to sew on Michael's T-shirt quilt so that I will be able to work on another project soon.  (Photo of quilt from Bonnie Hunter's website)

5 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

I've plans for making a multi colored version myself one of these days -- it's a gorgeous quilt.

Melinda said...

I hope you stop by Tiny Stitches and say hello while on the shop hop. See you then.

Unknown said...

You know I will have to check those patterns out. Love that quilt.

Unknown said...

Now I need to check out those sites too. I love that quilt. And it doesn't have tiny little nine patches and it is not set on point!!!!
See you Saturday at Thimbles

Teresa said...

You are soooooooooo right, that is a wonderful pattern. I just love the scrappy look in patterns.

How is hubby doing these days? I hope he is beyond the infection.