Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Shop Hop - Tiny Stitches



After a great lunch at Williams Bros. Bar-b-que directly across the street from Little Quilts, we continued our "hopping" to Tiny Stitches .  When I read in the Shop Hop passport that their theme was"Read Me A Story", I knew I would like their decor. Maetha, the shop owner, was in character as the Princess from the Princess and the Pea. We were given the block directions to make their Shop Hop Quilt plus a bit of fabric,  a charm and the pattern to make a pincushion.


   

After getting our passports stamped and registering for their door-prize, we were treated to chocolate chip cookies (my favorite) and lemonade. Yum:)
Melinda, who works and teaches at the shop is also a blogger. I have enjoyed her blog Creations by Melinda for several years. It was a pleasure talking with her. She even showed me a new way to do some applique. She referred to it as Eleanor Burn's method. It looks like a technique that I will like.



Here is another version of Pat Wys' Strawberry Pie pattern. Isn't it awesome? This pattern is like Yellow Brick Road, Sassy Sixteen or Turning Twenty. It looks so very different depending on fabric choices.
 

I found some neat fabric at Tiny Stitches. These indigo prints should help with the shortage of  dark blues for my blue and white Strawberry Pie. The blacks and whites are again for a future project. The fusible interfacing is to try the Eleanor Burn's method of applique.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Great photos of the shop! I love the Strawberry Pie in the funky Moda fabrics. We will have to plan a day to make our little pillow pincushions.

Melinda said...

Let me know how you like the applique method. It was fun to see you on the Shop Hop. We had so much fun all weekend.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I have been told about this version of Strawberry Pie...I LOVE IT..I hope it is still in the shop the next time I get over that way.

Your shop hop blogs are the BEST GIRL. I feel like I was there.

Pat