Sunday, March 22, 2009

Quilt Shop Grand Opening


Today was the Grand Opening Celebration at our newest quilt shop, Patchwork Cottage in Lawrenceville. Quilt designer extraordinaire, Pat Sloan was at the shop to help launch the celebration. The shop has Pat's new line of fabric Arabella as well as some of her Sweetbriar line. The quilt in the background is Pat's new pattern "A Secret Garden" using her Arabella fabric.It was fun visiting with Pat. Pat's blog was the first blog that I followed and read religiously. She spoke at the Gwinnett Quilter's Guild several years back. I took time off from school to attend her lecture at the guild event. I've followed her blog and numerous Yahoo Groups since then. 

It was great fun visiting, eating, and shopping. There were quite a few ladies there that I had not seen in a bit - Jane V., Linda K., Marty M., Jayne B.   Lots of fun!


Look at the fun bag that was given to the first 50 shoppers. I think I was number 49. Of course, Rusty has to check out everything on "his" sofa. I purchased some light prints for the 16 Patch and Pinwheels project. I don't have what I need for that upcoming project. The navy print is for a project in "the plastic boxes." I looked at it the other day. It could use a couple more indigo pieces.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Great photo of you and Pat! I am sorry I missed the fun.

Wendy said...

It must have been fun to be there for the opening of a new shop. I love the Pat Sloan quilt.

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time, wish I could have made it.